- Handheld portable refractometer for Brix (45.0 to 82.0%) measurement of high-concentration juices, condensed milk, liquid sugar, and jam
- Automatic temperature compensation and calibrated with a liquid standard using a tool-free calibration ring
- Ambient light illuminates the scale; no additional power source is required
- Durable metal and rubber outer shell with a telescope-shaped, streamlined design (40 x 40 x 140mm), a rubber grip to guard against hand heat for accurate measurements, and a non-roll stand to protect against damage
- Optical glass prism mounted in all-metal housing for quick temperature equilibrium between sample and prism
This refractometer is housed in a durable metal body. It features automatic temperature compensation with an ambient temperature of 10 to 30 degrees C. The unit is factory-calibrated and can be calibrated with a liquid standard. Calibration can be controlled and adjusted with a tool-free calibration ring and a set screw. The outer shell is rubber coated with dimpled grip for easy gripping and the rubber coating guards against hand heat for accurate measurements. A non-roll stand prevents the unit from rolling when placed on a flat surface such as a table or bench top. The optical glass prism is mounted in an all-metal housing composed of copper alloy with a nickel-chrome coating for quick temperature equilibrium between the sample and the prism. The analog Brix scale features a bright, high-contrast display for clear visibility of the boundary and memory lines intersection. Instantaneous sample readings illuminated by ambient light are viewed through a monocular, focusable, cushioned eyepiece. The unit comes with a zippered vinyl carrying case, a plastic transfer pipette, a screw driver and an instruction manual.